Dear Families of Room 23,
Yesterday’s green folder included a flyer about our upcoming Economics Market Day on Friday, June 7. Please read the flyer and be sure to discuss your child’s proposed business plan with him or her. There are many great ideas in the works and students are very excited! This, along with the reading log, will constitute homework for the next three weeks.
Here some important reminders for upcoming events.
1. The Chorus Concert is Tuesday, May 28, at 7:00 at MVMS.
2. 12:30 Dismissal on Wednesday, May 29 for District Staff Recognition (students will eat lunch at school).
3. Open House is Thursday, June 6 from 6:00-7:00. The third graders are excited to show you all the hard work they’ve done this year!
4. Third Grade Field Day is Tuesday, June 11. We'll depart for Hauke Park at 12:00 and return to campus around 2:30. More details will follow.
As always, please let me know if you have any questions.
What We’re Working On:
- Math: multiplication and division within 100, representing and interpreting data, and geometric shapes and their attributes.
- Biography: Famous Scientists and Inventors – research and writing
- Economy: Completing our economy pamphlets, writing our business plans, and preparing for Economy Day!
- Science: Forces and Motion – Building, racing, and re-designing our Rubber Band Racers.